Offers are due Monday by 5 pm. Welcome to "Fox Ridge Farm", the enchanting site of a former Christmas tree farm. As you approach the spectacular property and home, you are immediately transported to another era. With a nod to yesteryear and customary in colonial times, the residence was constructed facing the Potomac River- a tradition thought to be for both economic as well as defensive purposes. The house was built to exude the charm of days gone by, but has been lovingly updated and renovated to today's exacting standards. The highest level of finishes and attention to detail imaginable is evident throughout this lovely home. The white marble kitchen features a wood burning fireplace, large wood top island, and top of the line appliances and is adjoined by a charming breakfast room. The exquisite great room features vaulted ceilings with exposed wood beams, a floor to ceiling fireplace, windows galore and doors to two balconies, one of which overlooks the private, fenced rear garden. The large dining room with a gas fireplace opens onto the newly added, spectacular covered porch with room enough for dining as well as relaxing. Steps away, the magnificent and supremely private, large salt water pool with spa beckons. The upper level master with its own gas fireplace, large walk-in closet and renovated bathroom, overlooks the pool and property beyond. Two more additional bedrooms, fully renovated bath and charming family room overlook, round out the upper level. The light-filled, walk-out lower level features a gorgeous stone fireplace, recreation room with door leading to fenced rear gardens, a full bath and additional bedroom. For the car aficionado, a two car attached garage is complemented by a newly built, detached, oversized 3 car garage. A separate shed provides additional storage space. New windows throughout. Whole house generator. Extensive hardscaping and landscaping abound on this private, 5 acre oasis in the fabulous location of central Great Falls. This home is truly special for even the most discerning.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Colonial
Hot Water Heater, Electric Water Heater, Well
3,648 sq. ft
Yes - 5 spaces
Fairfax County Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Kitchen, Foyer, Breakfast Room, Attic
- Eat-In Kitchen, Gourmet Kitchen, Island
- Microwave, Range/Oven Built-in, Disposal, Dryer, Ice Maker, Wall Oven, Range Hood, Six Burner Range, Refrigerator, Appliance Center, Washer
- Hardwood, Other, Carpet
- Central Air, Electric, A/C - Other, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Heat Pump, Central.
- Full, Full Finished, Entrance Outside
- Vinyl Frame
- 5. Brick, Mantle, Stone.
- Additional Interior Features
- Attic Storage, Walk-in Closets, Wood Floors
Exterior / Lot Features
- 5 Garage Spaces.
- Balcony, Deck, Patio, Porch
- Composition Shingle
- Pool Description
- In-ground, Heated, Saltwater
- Lot View
- Panoramic, Scenic, Trees/Woods, Pasture
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Landscaped, Back Yard, Side Yard. Cleared, Landscaping, Open, Partly Wooded, Private, Rear Yard, Secluded, Sideyard(S).
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price